Translate

Tuesday 18 December 2012

SPIRITUALITY IN THE HUMAN BODY


FLOWER-DAHLIA


This human body is the greatest body in the universe, and a human being the greatest being. Man is higher than all animals, than all angels; none is greater than man. Even the Devas (gods) will have to come down again and attain to salvation through a human body. Man alone attains to perfection,not even the Devas. According to the Jews and Mohammedans, God created man after creating the angels and everything else, and after creating man He asked the angels to come and salute him, and all did so except Iblis; so God cursed him and he became Satan. Behind this allegory is the great truth that this human birth is the greatest birth we can have. The lower creation, the animal, is dull, and manufactured mostly out of Tamas. Animals cannot have any high thoughts; nor can the angels, or Devas, attain to direct freedom without human birth. In human society, in the same way, too much wealth or too much poverty is a great impediment to the higher development of the soul. It is from the middle classes that the great ones of the world come. Here the forces are very equally adjusted and balanced.
-Swami Vivekananda

It’s been a little over a couple of weeks that I have started writing this blog and I see people from different parts of the world have started visiting my site. I hope that the information that I provide to you through my blog is informative. I hope the content does not lack the quality that you have expected. I am truly thankful to you for visiting my blog and pulling out time from your scheduled works.

Dear reader, your feedback is valuable to me; therefore do feel free to contact me using the Contact Me Tab on the top of this blog to put in your comments, suggestions or advice  Just in case you want to write something on spirituality; I welcome you to be a guest writer for my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Great post,
    I think especially in todays changing times we are seeing sirituality really coming into light. I truly believe that people are starting to wake up and follow their spiritual journey. Money and material satisfaction doesnt last and i think this is the reason why many people are searching for that something to keep them fulfilled. I turned to spirituality after chasing the almight dollar, My mentor taught me that spirituality is more important then money. His famous quote was "Not everyone wants money but EVERYONE wants to be happy and satisfied" Look forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews